Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chad Muthard's No Mistake

I've been enjoying Chad Muthard's project No Mistake quite a bit lately. The anecdotal piece of writing that accompanies the work reads:

"My brother Steven and I were walking along the train tracks by the river - four, maybe five years ago - seeing who could keep their balance the longest. One foot in front of the other, when he turned to me and said, "I bet you I could throw a stone a hundred feet." I thought to myself for an instant that such an act was of little accomplishment and replied back contemptuously with "One hundred feet exactly?" He jumped off the rail and walked over to the side of the tracks. The determination in his eyes grew with confident resolution as he chose a stone from the ballast, roughly three quarters the size of a baseball. Without a single glance back in my direction, I swear I heard him mumble under his breath, "No more, no less..."


From No Mistake
© Chad Muthard



From No Mistake
© Chad Muthard



From No Mistake
© Chad Muthard



From No Mistake
© Chad Muthard



From No Mistake
© Chad Muthard