Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jaap Scheeren's 3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months

I discovered Jaap Scheeren's work a while back and meant to share it earlier, but simply forgot. While checking out the preview of the new issue of Foam Magazine (one of the most interesting contemporary photography magazines in my opinion) I was pleasantly reminded of Scheeren's strange and enchanting images. I was unable to find any real description of 3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months, however, these photographs, in all subtle wonder, transcend the need for clarification. Some work loses its charisma when reduced to a defined statement; this, I can only imagine, would be the case with these images.

You can purchase the new issue of Foam here.


From "3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months"
© Jaap Scheeren



From "3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months"
© Jaap Scheeren



From "3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months"
© Jaap Scheeren



From "3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months"
© Jaap Scheeren



From "3 Roses, 9 Ravens, 12 Months"
© Jaap Scheeren