Monday, February 9, 2009
Call For Submissions: Invisible City
Marliana Read e-mailed today to inform of her newly launched online art magazine entitled Invisible City. She is currently accepting submissions for the 1st issue now, which is described below:
Submissions for Issue 01 are now open. The theme for the issue is TITLE. Explorations on the theme INVISIBLE CITY are encouraged from artists and writers. INVISIBLE CITY is the encompassing idea of city as mutable elements, connected by memory and a sense of place and space. Work is encouraged in non-literal and conceptual approaches.
STORYTELLING. MONUMENTS. HISTORY. UNDERGROUND. DREAMSCAPES. TRAVEL. MOVEMENT. STASIS. COLLECTIVE MEMORY. NAVIGATION. ARCHITECTURE. MAPS. NOSTALGIA.
INVISIBLE CITY is seeking critical essays, interviews and creative writing pieces (fiction, non-fiction and poetry) to theme. Submissions should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please keep submission to 1500 words.
- Submissions in MSWord format sent as email attachment.
- Include in the body of the email a a small bio/artist's statement (150 words or less) and a link to your website (if applicable)
INVISIBLE CITY is seeking images of artworks to theme. Images can be mixed media, photomedia, film stills, painting or drawing or in situ document of performance, projection, sculpture and installation.
Submissions should adhere to the following guidelines:
- 5-10 images as email attachments
- Sized 1500 pixels on the leading edge
- 300 dpi
- Images should be titled your_name_01.jpg and so on
- Include in the body of the email a a small bio/artist's statement (150 words or less); a link to your website (if applicable) and the title of your work/series.
- Please keep total email size < 15 megs.
Please send submissions to email@example.com. Submissions close March 09 2009.